The grid connection process consists of a number of stages from initial feasibility studies through formal grid connection application and onward to construction. It is important to understand the processes and know what is required when, to ensure a project does not miss out on a favourable connection offer.
Xero Energy is an expert in grid connection, providing assistance throughout the grid connection process:
- Feasibility studies – connection options, costs, capacity, programme and issues.
- Grid connection applications
- Review and negotiation of offers and agreements in respect of programme, costs and risks.
- Dispute resolution and determinations through the regulator, Ofgem.
- Responsible for over 20,000MW of offshore wind, wave and tidal connection applications, offers and agreements.
- Responsible for around 10,000MW of onshore renewable energy connection applications, offers and agreements.