Xero Energy has worked with Mainstream Renewable Power (MRP), the developer of Neart na Gaoithe Offshore Wind Farm since 2009. We have provided a wide range of services over the years, providing expert advice during the development of the wind farm and the OFTO system.
Working closely with the whole client team including project manager, consents manager, project engineer and project director, we have supported MRP on various work streams, including:
– Grid connection – taking the project through the connection process – feasibility, transmission connection application, agreements review and negotiation, ongoing maintenance and week 24 data submissions, development of offshore system design for CION.
– Technical design – onshore and intertidal cable routing, substation electrical design, array cabling layout, offshore substation design, onshore substation location assessment, detailed electrical and protection design, harmonics, interface management and more.
– Land, planning and consenting – development of red line boundary from start to detailed planning submission, construction and operational space requirements for cable route and substation footprint, development of project description, assistance with landowner discussions, expert witnessing.
– Owner’s engineer – support through the process of contract development and negotiation for OFTO system and grid works.
– CfD bid – providing expert support on grid and electrical system related costs, charges and risks to the project.
– Due diligence – providing detailed TNUoS forecast for the project.
– Stakeholder engagement – assistance with engagement with external project stakeholders including local authority, Transport Scotland, Network Rail, BT Openreach and Scottish Power.